Sunday, November 14, 2010

Pumpkin Pie without the Crust

Last night I made what HungryGirl calls Pumpkin Smash. It is just the middle of the pumpkin pie in a relatively healthy way. It is delicious!! Even better today cold then it was hot last night!
I used fresh pumpkin that I had frozen from last year, I imagine it would be even better with canned pumpkin and will probably try it again with canned.
I didn't have eggbeaters so I used one whole egg and two egg whites.
I used splenda for baking but you can also use sugar.

Ingredients:

One 15-oz. can pure pumpkin
One 12-oz. can evaporated fat-free milk
1/2 cup fat-free liquid egg substitute (like Egg Beaters Original)
3/4 cup Splenda No Calorie Sweetener (granulated)
2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Combine all ingredients in a bowl, and mix thoroughly.

Place mixture in a baking dish (8" X 8" works well) sprayed lightly with nonstick spray, and bake in the oven for 45 minutes. (It will remain a little soft, like pie filling.)

Store leftovers in the fridge.

No comments:

Post a Comment